Opportunity Tallahassee – 2021
Wednesday, October 27, 2021
8:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Registration Opens September 22, 2021
Opportunity Tallahassee is an intensive, one-day overview of our community. This program is designed to acquaint participants with the physical, social, economic, and educational structure of Tallahassee. In addition to meeting & networking with some of the area’s key decision-makers, Opportunity Tallahassee participants will be given contacts & resources to enable them to become more effectively involved in community issues.
This program is targeted to corporate executives, managers, and other professionals who may be new to the community & want to know more about the area with a minimum expenditure of time. It is especially valuable for leaders or potential leaders whose professional commitments have precluded participation in the more time-intensive LT program.
Opportunity Tallahassee is offered once a year and requires a full one-day commitment. This year’s event is sponsored by AMWAT Moving Warehousing Storage and Centennial Bank.
A typical day-long agenda may include the following:
- Welcome & Icebreaker
- Community Engagement
- College Town
- A World-Class Park: Cascades Park
- FSU Film School (Tour & Talk)
- FSU Research
- Lunch & Learn: Economic Development Success Stories in the Capital City
- Florida A&M University
- Danfoss Turbocor
- High Performance Magnetics
- Tallahassee: A Premier Place to Play – Tallahassee Parks, Recreation, and Neighborhood
- Performance: Tallahassee Ballet
- Taking a Bite Out of Crime: K-9 Demonstration
- Tallahassee Memorial Cancer Center
- A Half-Penny for Your Thoughts
- Performance: African-Caribbean Dance Theatre
- Find Your Fit: Community Engagement Lightning Round
- Reception: The Challenger Center Exhibit Hall