Leadership Tallahassee’s mission is to cultivate a diverse network of emerging & experienced leaders committed to improving the community. The organization offers leadership opportunities & programs for professionals, high school juniors, and community newcomers.
Leadership Tallahassee (LT) began in 1983 as a year-long educational program for adults. It was designed to facilitate opportunities for interaction with established area leaders, which would strengthen their bond to the community. READ MORE
Programs & Events
Please browse under Programs and Events in the main menu above, or click these links to learn more about the services we offer to leaders in our community.
All programs focus on the following leadership traits:
- Self-Awareness: in character development, including personal integrity and courage; to help clarify individual values, understand personalities, and learning styles to effectively utilize leadership
- Critical Thinking: comprising critiquing, analyzing, problem solving, and thinking with complexity, depth and creativity; as well as reflectively applying theory to practice
- Communication: conscientiously developing more effective written, verbal and non-verbal communication – including listening, reading, editing, and presenting
- Credibility: doing what you say you will do; following through with your commitments; congruency between word and action
- Relationship Building: using previous traits to develop the trust, respect, and empathy of others; encouraging the heart and modeling the way for others; being encouraging and a role-model; creating in yourself, and expecting of others, accountability
- Decision-Making / Negotiation: possessing the ability to research, develop and voice evidence for personal perspective; to clarify a position, frame a persuasive argument, select an appropriate decision making model, and take action; implement the plan of action; research, develop and voice evidence for personal perspective
- Systems Thinking: the capability to recognize and analyze the complex interactions of structural, technical, political and personnel issues; ability to see and understand the big picture; integrating multiple levels of perspective within diverse contexts and situations
- Visioning: the foresight to challenge the current process to create a visionary picture of the future
- Civic Engagement: servant leadership or engaged citizenship; a commitment to making and sustaining a meaningful difference for the common good; engaged citizenship
- Social Change: understanding and responding to historical, political, economic, and social issues; to have inclusive dialogue; coalition building to initiate change within the local community and broader society