Leadership Tallahassee’s mission is to cultivate a diverse network of emerging & experienced leaders committed to improving the community. The organization offers leadership opportunities & programs for professionals, high school juniors, and community newcomers.
Leadership Tallahassee (LT) began in 1983 as a year-long educational program for adults. It was designed to facilitate opportunities for interaction with established area leaders, which would strengthen their bond to the community. READ MORE
Programs & Events
Please browse under Programs and Events in the main menu above, or click these links to learn more about the services we offer to leaders in our community.
- Leadership Tallahassee (LT)
- Youth Leadership Tallahassee (YLT)
- Distinguished Leadership Awards
- Building Better Boards
- Opportunity Tallahassee
- Membership Luncheons
- LT 2.0
All programs focus on the following leadership traits:
- Self-Awareness: in character development, including personal integrity and courage; to help clarifying individual values, understand personalities, and learning styles to effectively utilize leadership. and learning styles
- Critical Thinking: comprising critiquing, analyzing, problem solving, and thinking with complexity, depth and creativity; as well as reflectively applying theory to practice
- Communication: conscientiously developing more effective written, verbal and non-verbal communication – including listening, reading, editing, and presenting.
- Credibility: Doing what you say you will do following through with your commitments; congruency between word and action.
- Relationship Building: using previous traits to developing the trust, respect and empathy of others; encouraging the heart and modeling the way for others being encouraging and a role-model; creating in yourself, and expecting of others, accountability
- Decision-Making / Negotiation: possessing the ability to research, develop and voice evidence for personal perspective to clarify a position, frame a persuasive argument, select an appropriate decision making model, and take action; implement the plan of action. research, develop and voice evidence for personal perspective
- Systems Thinking: the capability to recognizing recognize and analyzing analyze the complex interactions of structural, technical, political and personnel issues; ability and to see and understand the big picture; integrating multiple levels of perspective within diverse contexts and situations
- Visioning: the foresight to challenging challenge the current process to create a visionary picture of the future;
- Civic Engagement: servant leadership or engaged citizenship; a commitment to making make and sustaining a meaningful difference for the common good; engaged citizenship
- Social Change: understanding and responding to historical, political, economic, and social social-justice issues; to have inclusive dialogue and coalition building to initiate change within the local community and broader society/extend throughout the world